Here are the top 15 scheduled base salaries in the NFC South for this season.
- Reggie Bush, Saints, $11.8 million
- Matt Ryan, Falcons, $10.25 million
- Kellen Winslow, Buccaneers, $8.259 million
- John Abraham, Falcons, $8 million
- Drew Brees, Saints, $7.394 million
- Donald Penn, Buccaneers, $7.2 million
- Steve Smith, Panthers $7 million
- Chris Gamble, Panthers, $6.244 million
- Jordan Gross Panthers $6 million
- Will Smith, Saints, $6 million
- Tony Gonzalez, Falcons, $5.75 million
- Dunta Robinson, Falcons, $5.5 million
- Travelle Wharton, Panthers, $5.4 million
- Jonathan Vilma, Saints, $5.13 million
- Michael Turner, Falcons, $5 million
Via ESPN’s Pat Yasinskas
Yes, you read that correctly. As it stands now, Reggie is the most expensive player in the NFC South. In a way, its a blessing. At least it’s abundantly clear (even to him) that he needs a pay cut.
Edit: @Hamsterpants I think you overstated that just a hair…Reggie’s only 25 or 26, which isn’t old at all for a running back, it’s closer to his prime than not. He has that contract because he was the second overall pick and both he and the Saints have recognized that as soon as the lockout is over, they’ll renegotiate (I’m convinced he stays).
And for what it’s worth, I enjoy the fact that he makes more than Matt Ryan.
- admitituluvtrey likes this
- gingerlee6 reblogged this from kaelilovesyou
- kaelilovesyou reblogged this from sarababee1528 and added:
- pretty-greenbud reblogged this from sarababee1528
- sarababee1528 reblogged this from sporthappens
- ashleymarieyoung reblogged this from paisleypinkandpearls
- paisleypinkandpearls reblogged this from sporthappens
- hamsterpantsworld said:Bush is not worth the money. He’s getting a little aged as a go-to running back (and I realize the Saints do use a two-back system, but still), it does not compute that he makes more than Matt Ryan or Michael Turner. They need to fix that shit.
- sporthappens posted this